Kenya has endless savannah plains and scorched deserts interrupted by snow-capped mountains, cool highlands and equatorial forests. The scenic coastline possesses the atmosphere of a paradise island and is sprinkled with colourful coral reefs.
The highland areas of Central Kenya – including the Laikipia Plateau – provide rich soil for farming, making Kenya one of the most agriculturally productive countries in Africa; this area is considered the fertile breadbasket of the Kenyan people. Four rivers, of which one is perennial, flow through the area making for an even more compelling locale for animals and people alike.
Things to look forward to in Kenya:
- Witnessing the remarkable phenomenon of the wildebeest migration
- Game drives in open savannah grasslands teeming with wildlife
- Meeting the Maasai people in their homes
- Searching for rare and endangered species like beisa oryx, Grevy’s zebra and patas monkey
- Gazing over the uninterrupted African landscapes, capped by iconic Mount Kenya